Sunday, August 12, 2012

Skillet Eggs with Zucchini

Eggs were on sale at the A&P a few weeks ago and we got a little too excited about it.  We ended up with 54 eggs in the refrigerator.  Needless to say, we needed to up the ante on our egg consumption.  That's how I ended up choosing this recipe for dinner.

The recipe is from Food Network magazine.  They call it skillet eggs with squash, but I refuse to call zucchini squash.  So this is my skillet eggs with zucchini.

Starts out with some scallions frying in the pan.


Then the shredded zucchini hops into the pan.  Along with some salt, pepper, and nutmeg.  I didn't freshly grate it even though I had the capabilities to do so, please don't be terribly disappointed.


When the zucchini is cooked down, I made some indents in the mixture with the back of a serving spoon to nest the eggs in.


I actually cracked the eggs into a little bowl before putting them into their nest! Can you believe it? I dirtied some thing that was not entirely necessary!  Thankfully my mother did the dishes.


Cheddar cheese gets all over this eggy zucchini goodness.


 I toasted up some sliced Italian bread to go with it.  I will say 2 of these eggs was a serious meal.  Loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment