Monday, September 24, 2012

Sweet Potato Apple Soup

It's officially fall, let the soup making and apples commence!  Also I have been feeling a bit under the weather and really wanted a nice bowl of soup.  Fear not, my illness was not strong enough to stop me from blogging or from deciding to make a soup that requires an unfortunate amount of peeling and chopping.

The original recipe can be found here.  I did make some slight changes.

Here is the "meat" of the soup that demanded much peeling and chopping.


Here is the line up of spices I used to season the soup.  The recipe called for fresh thyme, allspice, cinnamon, and cumin.  You can see I did some improvising.


This is what the soup looks like when all the veggies have joined the pot.  Another alteration I made to the original recipe is I used apple juice instead of cider.


I was super psyched to whip out the immersion blender with this soup!  Check me out cookin' with gadgets like a pro.


I can't say this is the most attractive looking dish I ever cooked up, but it was delicious.  It was suggested that it would make a great soup course for Thanksgiving and it probably would, but let me also add that I hate having a soup course at Thanksgiving. 


I also wanted to give a shout out the this killer burger I had at the Craftsman Alehouse this weekend.  It had a pumpkin salsa on it! Incredible! Sorry it's mostly a photo of the salad. Behind it you can see part of my Flying Dog flight.  Oh Craftsman, why must you serve such delicious beer and food?


Hope you all have a fun fall weekend!  Keep checking back to see what other apple delights I conjure up...we do have 25 pounds of them...

No comments:

Post a Comment