Friday, January 18, 2013

Deep Dish Polenta Pizza

I used this recipe from Real Simple as my inspiration for this meal.  I pretty much didn't follow a single instruction here, except for the amount of water to cook the polenta in.

I took this ingredient shot, but failed to include the spinach and the parmesan cheese that I also included.

IMG_6884

I sauteed a box of frozen spinach in some olive oil with garlic, salt, and pepper and spread this mixture on the polenta crust.  Then came the tomato sauce and the mozzarella cheese.

IMG_6885

I cooked it until the cheese got nice and golden brown and bubbly, about 30 minutes.

IMG_6890

I served it up with a salad on the side.

IMG_6892

This was a hit, there were no leftovers.  I will definitely make it again and maybe mix up the topping selection.  Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment