Saturday, April 20, 2013

Lemon Herb Rice Salad

I'm sure that title has you intrigued.  Intrigued probably isn't the right word.  Maybe you are thinking gross or  huh? or how is this bad for me? But I assure you this is the best side dish you will eat this month.

What's it got in it?  Cucumbers, scallions, carrots, red onion, cilantro, and PEANUTS! Amaaaazing!

IMG_7338

The recipe can be found here, they call for a few more herbs that I didn't have on hand and watercress that I couldn't be bothered with.

IMG_7341

I used Basmati rice, I'm sure you can use whatever rice you have on hand.

IMG_7342

I served the rice with alongside a spinach feta turkey burger.  I'll let you know I intentionally didn't eat my entire burger so I had room for more rice salad.  I know it sounds weird, but trust me.  Get yourself of rice salad, you can thank me later.

PS They call for 2 cups of rice.  I took this to mean 2 cups of uncooked rice which is a serious pot of rice.  I suggest you dial it back a bit if you decide to make this recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment