Thursday, July 2, 2015

Banh Mi Hot Dogs

Lately I have been pondering the hot dog.  I rarely put it on my meal plan even though burger night is a weekly event.  Why not a hot dog night?  Is it perhaps because I know it's terrible for me?  Possibly.  How about if I pile it high with vegetables?  Now, it's a meal.


Banh Mi Hot Dogs
Adapted from Cooking Light Magazine

Ingredients
4 hot dogs
4 buns
1 carrot
1/2 cucumber
1 jalapeno
1 shallot
1/2 cup cider vinegar
1/2 cup water
1 tsp sugar

1. Thinly slice shallot, jalapeno, and cucumber.  Use a vegetable peeler to make carrot ribbons.  Place in a bowl with vinegar, water, and sugar.  Allow to sit while you cook the hot dogs.
2.  Before serving, drain vegetables.  Top cooked hot dogs with a hearty scoop of pickled vegetables.
*Feel free to also top these dogs with some cilantro or siracha.


This will totally transform your next hot dog experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment