Monday, August 3, 2015

Chicken Nuggets

I have been missing one of my favorite hangover meals like crazy lately.  That beautiful chicken nugget special from Garden Catering.  Every time I go home I think about diving head first into that glorious bag of nuggets and french fries loaded with special seasoning, but alas it never seems to be in the cards.


Chicken Nuggets

Ingredients
1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into nugget size pieces
1 tbsp honey
2 tsp seasoned salt
1 egg
1/2 cup milk
1 cup flour
vegetable oil, for frying

1. Toss chicken pieces in honey and 1 tsp seasoned salt.
2. Beat egg and milk together in a pie plate. Mix flour and remaining seasoning in another pie plate.  Coat chicken in egg, then flour.  Let sit while you heat the oil.
3.  Heat about 1/2 inch of oil in a large pot or Dutch oven to 375 degrees.  Shake excess flour off chicken and fry until golden brown, about 3 minutes.  You will want to do this in batches. Remove cooked chicken on to a paper towel lined plate. Season with more salt if desired.
4.  Serve with french fries and dipping sauce of your liking :)


I made myself a honey mustard dipping sauce, just mustard and honey and mix it all up.


These were delicious, but no one makes a nugget quite like Garden Catering.  I haven't quite cracked their secret recipe yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment