Sunday, July 23, 2017

Zucchini Pizza

Zucchini is probably my favorite vegetable of summer.  As I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of my garden zucchini, this recipe from Smitten Kitchen caught my eye.


It is perfect for summer not only because it showcases the zucchini front and center, but it also requires so few ingredients and comes together in a flash.  No time standing over a hot stove! Yes!


Zucchini Pizza
Adapted From Smitten Kitchen

1 pizza dough, store bought or homemade, you decide
1.5 lb zucchini
1 tsp salt
1 cup grated gruyere, or mozzarella, or a combination (I didn't have enough gruyere so I mixed it and everything was magical.  I imagine you can mix up the cheese any way you see fit)
red pepper, to taste
2 tbsp bread crumbs

1.  Grate your zucchini in a food processor or box grater.  Then place in a large bowl with salt.  Let stand 30 minutes or more if you have the time.
2. Preheat oven to 500. Drain zucchini over a colander, squeezing the water out with your hands.  Try to get as much water out as possible.  Wipe out bowl from before and mix cheese, drained zucchini, a few dashes of red pepper flakes and some more salt if you'd like.
3. Stretch your pizza dough on to an oiled 13x9 sheet pan. Spread zucchini mixture evenly over dough. Sprinkle with bread crumbs. Bake 20-25 minutes.


Oh goodness I hope I can make this again with some garden zucchini.

No comments:

Post a Comment