Sunday, November 6, 2016

Kale Pesto + Pasta Party

I made a batch of this kale pesto for a pasta party at my house last weekend.  This DIY dinner was our fourth annual.  

For past parties see:

First, I'll share the pesto with you.  Then, I'll show you our glorious pasta bar.


Kale Pesto
From Pinch of Yum

Ingredients
2 cups kale and parsley combined (I used a lot more kale them parsley. You be the judge here)
1/2 cup olive oil
1/4 tsp salt
1 clove garlic
the juice of 1 lemon
1/4 cup almonds

1. Toss it all in the food processor until it becomes a paste. That's it!


I gave myself a nice swirl of kale pesto on top of pumpkin spice gouda mac and cheese the other night.


Now it's party time! For the pasta toppings we had: butternut squash, onions, chicken, mushrooms, sausage, brussels sprouts, basil, ricotta, and Parmesan cheese.


We cooked up a few pounds of pasta (I found fall theme pasta shapes at Home Good's) and had 3 sauces: marinara, kale pesto, and alfredo.


We lived for several days off of the leftovers from this party!

No comments:

Post a Comment