Sunday, October 27, 2013

Slow Cooker Barbacoa

This slow cooker barbacoa beef is a Chipotle copycat recipe.  You can find the recipe at Low Carb Crock Pot.  I did not have cumin, or a blender, so those steps were eliminated.  I also chose to cook it on low for about 8 hours instead of high for 4 hours.

IMG_8711

We set up a whole bunch of toppings so everyone could make their own tacos.  Clockwise from the left we've got homemade corn salsa, sour cream, salsa, saffron rice, guacamole, lettuce, olives, cheddar and pepper jack cheese, and a creamy habanero ranch sauce.

IMG_8745

I can't say whether it tasted like the Chipotle version because I've never had it, but I can say that it was a hit.  If I make it again I'll make sure to tone down the amount of chipotles in it because it was a tad too hot for me, but otherwise it was really very tasty.  I look forward to gobbling up the leftovers.

IMG_8748

What did we have for dessert? You'll just have to wait a few more days to find out...


No comments:

Post a Comment