Thursday, May 31, 2012

Pasta with Brie Tomato and Zucchini

This recipe for heirloom pasta with brie and basil was in my local paper recently.  Using brie in pasta intrigued me, but I'm not really one for tomatoes in the raw like this recipe calls for.  So here's what I did using this recipe as inspiration.


I chopped up some tomatoes and zucchini and then put them back in the tomato container to take this adorable picture of the two.  Too cute right?  Don't ask why but I was so excited to take this picture.  I then sauteed these guys in a bit of olive oil, garlic, salt, and pepper. Of course I forgot to take a photo of how lovely the sauce looked in the saute pan, my sincerest apologies, food blogging is not always easy.


I then diced up a pound of brie cheese. Just feast your eyes on that glorious pile of cheese. I also chiffonade-ed some basil to toss in at the end.


The brie melts so nicely making a creamy sauce for the pasta.  If you fee like spending more than $10 on some cheese, this meal is for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment