YOU GUYS! I DID IT! I CAN BARELY GATHER MY THOUGHTS TO TYPE OUT A COHERENT SENTENCE!
I made a spicy chicken sandwich in my own kitchen and it tasted just like Wendy's!!!
Ok. I'm going to take a breath and try to type out the recipe so you too can enjoy this wonder.
2 chicken breasts, sliced in half horizontally
1/3 cup + 3 tbsp water
1/3 cup hot sauce
1 cup flour
2 tsp salt
4 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp paprika
1. Heat an inch and a half of oil in a Dutch oven to 375 degrees.
2. In a pie plate mix hot sauce with 1/3 of water. In another pie plate combine flour, salt, cayenne pepper, black pepper, onion powder, and paprika. Sprinkle in 3 tablespoons of water into the flour mixture. Mix in water with your hands until water is incorporated and shaggy pieces have formed.
3. Pat cutlets dry. Dip in hot sauce, then flour mixture, then hot sauce and flour again. Let cutlets sit on a wire rack while the oil heats up.
4. Cook 2 cutlets at a time for 4-5 minutes, flipping halfway through. Cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes before serving.
5. Serve chicken on rolls with lettuce and tomato. Go nuts with some mayo if you like, but I stay as far away from mayo as possible at all times.
There you have it guys, the most amazing thing I've made all year.