Chicken Cordon Bleu
4 thinly sliced chicken cutlets
1 egg, beaten
2 slices deli ham
2 slices Swiss cheese
a squirt of lemon juice
1/4 cup white wine
1/4 cup chicken broth
1. To assemble the chicken: place 1/2 slices of cheese and ham on each cutlet. Roll and secure with toothpicks.
2. Dip in egg and then breadcrumbs. Let rest for 10 minutes.
3. Heat a frying pan with oil and butter. Fry chicken, turning often, until brown.
4. When chicken is cooked through, add chicken broth, wine, and lemon to pan. Heat and saute chicken in sauce.
5. Voila, le dinner est pret!
I had a little trouble knowing when the chicken was cooked through because some of my cutlets weren't cut thin enough. I recommend you purchase already thin sliced chicken or pound your chicken thin.