Sunday, March 19, 2017

Macarons

YES! Homemade macarons! I was so ridiculously excited about the mere idea of baking these that when they came out perfectly I was beside myself.


Use this recipe from Sally's Baking Addiction.  She has great step-by-step photos to guide you along.  I followed her recipe as it is written.  We added almond extract and a little red food coloring.


I was intimidated by the process of baking macarons, but really there wasn't much that was actually challenging.  It is no doubt time consuming, but a lot of that time is waiting for things to sit. Probably the most difficult part was piping and making it so the cookies were an even size.



These are filled with strawberry preserves, but I am definitely itching to try it with some chocolate ganache. Next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment