Sunday, January 31, 2010

Cheesy

This weekend was far more savory than last weekend.

The theme ingredient: cheese.

I attended a house warming party and decided to whip up some cheese fondue, it has been a dream of mine for some time.

I used a combination of Gruyere and Swiss cheeses along with some white wine, nutmeg, salt, and pepper. It was easy, fast, and super tasty.

Here's a glamor shot:

/>

I cut up some broccoli, french bread, and boiled some fingerling potatoes for dipping:




Sunday morning came around and my bf asked if I would be interested in chicken and waffles. Chicken and waffles you say? Have you been reading my diary?

We made cornbread waffles with cheddar cheese. Here's a shot of the batter:



We breaded chicken cutlets with Parmesan breadcrumbs and some Old Bay and threw them in the deep fryer:



The finished product:


And for those of us who needed more cheese:



This was our 2nd experience with chicken and waffles, but our 1st time making them ourselves. They were absolutely amazing and I cannot wait to eat the one that is waiting in the refrigerator for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment