Thursday, December 3, 2015

Lomo Saltado, Peruvian Beef Stir Fry

I have only had this dish once at a restaurant in Manhattan about 6 months ago.  That night, I made sure not to eat the whole serving because I knew I needed my husband to try it.  Topping rice with french fries and beef? Incredible!  Here I attempted (successfully) to recreate that meal I have been dreaming of ever since.

               

Lomo Saltado

Ingredients
1/2 a bag of frozen french fries
white rice
1 lb stir fry beef
salt
1/2 tsp cumin
black pepper
2 tbsp olive oil
1 onion, sliced into thin strips
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tomato, sliced into wedges
2 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp cider vinegar
1/2 cup cilantro

1. Prepare french fries according to package directions. Cook white rice as you see fit.
2. In a large pan heat oil on high heat.  Add steak and cook until browned. Add onions and garlic cook 2 minutes. Add tomato, soy sauce, and vinegar cook another 2 minutes. Remove from heat and season with salt and pepper as desired.
3. Mix in cooked french fries and stir on cilantro.
4. To serve: Place white rice in individual bowls and top with meat and vegetables.  Devour! 


Rice topped with french fries kids, those Peruvians know how to live it up! Oooooh baby this was a fantastic dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment