I don't want to oversell this dessert, but it was my favorite that I made this holiday season. It is quite decadent so you'll want just a bite, but then you'll need many many more bites later.
You can't go wrong with a sweetened condensed milk layer.
Not to be outdone is a chocolate layer.
Then top it all with toffee bits! I told you it was decadent!
Brown Sugar Shortbread Toffee Bars
From Cookies and Cups
3/4 cup butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 cups flour
1 cup sweetened condensed milk
2 tbsp butter
2 cups milk chocolate chips
1 1/2 cups toffee bits
1. Preheat oven to 350. Line a 13x9 inch pan with foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Beat butter and sugar until combined, 1-2 minutes. Mix in flour. Dough will be dry. Press into prepared pan. Bake for 15 minutes, until lightly browned, and let cool slightly.
3. Melt butter and milk in a small saucepan and pour over shortbread. Bake 12-15 minutes, until filling is bubbled and browned. Remove from oven.
4. Sprinkle chocolate chips evenly over the filling and place back in the oven for 2 minutes. Remove from oven and spread chocolate with an off-set spatula.
5. Sprinkle toffee bits evenly and press into chocolate layer. Allow to cool completely before cutting into bars.
YES! I need more!