Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Korean BBQ Beef Burritos

This whole heatwave business is really cramping my style in the kitchen.  Actually it's forcing me to cook differently and I should start appreciating that.

The Korean BBQ beef cooks up in the slow cooker which is perfect because that means no oven and no standing over an open flame. Score 1 for the heatwave victims who refuse to turn on the air conditioner!


Korean BBQ Beef Burritos
From Pinch of Yum

Ingredients
2 lb top sirloin
2 pears, peeled and cut into chunks
1 2 inch knob of ginger (I used some ground)
4 cloves garlic
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 tbsp sesame oil

rice
greens: basil, parsley, green onions, lettuce (that's all I had I threw some dried basil and parsley into the slow cooker)
kimchi (I quick pickled shaved carrots with some rice vinegar)
sriracha
tortillas

1. With a blender or food processor mix the pears, ginger, garlic, soy sauce, sugar, and sesame oil.  Save yourself some time and use the immersion blender right in the slow cooker! Plop the beef in and cook it on high for 3-5 hours.
2. Shred that beef up and make yourself some burritos with the rice, and the greens, and the sriracha, and the pickled carrots (or kimchi if you can find it!)


Just ate some of the leftovers in a quesadilla...yum!!

No comments:

Post a Comment