Grain bowls have been taking over my feeds lately so I decided to dip my toe into the world of quinoa and kale. I don't know how much of a "recipe" this needs to be, but I'll type one up for you and you decide how much of it you want to follow.
Chicken Kale Grain Bowls
From Pinch of Yum
1/3 cup olive oil
3 tbp lemon juice
1/2 tsp salt
For the bowls
2 cups baby kale, if you use regular kale just chop it and marinate it a little longer
2 cups cooked grain of your choice (I found this fun rice/quinoa blend)
sesame seeds or red pepper flakes
maybe some feta cheese if the mood should strike you
For the sauce
16 oz jar of sun dried tomatoes, drained
1-2 cloves garlic
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp lemon juice
1/2 cup olive oil
1. Mix up that marinade in a measuring cup. Give half of it to the kale and half to the chicken. The chicken should marinate for 30 minutes to 2 hours. The baby kale can go for the same time, if you have regular kale feel free to marinate it all night.
2. Cook your chicken however you desire. I sauteed it on the stove.
3. Blend that sauce or food process it, all the ingredients just dump 'em in.
4. Cook your grain according to package directions. Take 1/2 cup of the sauce and stir it in.
5. Assemble the bowls! Top the grains with all that good stuff you just whipped up.
This was totally delicious and it really was fun to assemble it all in the end.