Sunday, July 22, 2012

Spinach Lemon Orzo Soup

Soup in July seems like lunacy, I know, but Friday was such a yucky cool day I thought it was what we all needed.

Spinach lemon orzo soup sounded a bit summery to me so I used the recipe I found here.  The only changes I made was that I increased the ingredients a bit haphazardly because I know that when a recipe says it feeds 8, that they don't mean 8 of my family members.

And now I shall feature some highly unattractive photographs, get excited!

I think just about every soup starts out like this: onions and garlic sauteing in the pot.


Then in went some frozen spinach and orzo (uncooked) along lemon zest and lemon juice.


I added some shredded rotisserie chicken and Parmesan cheese for the grand finale. 


If we get another icky fall-like summer day I highly suggest you make this soup.  The lemon and the orzo go so nicely together.

Oh! and other news: Smashburger opened up and I had a fantastic lunch there where I took this gorgeous photograph.

Smashfries, and a New Yorker, veggie frites and a spicy baja burger. So good, can't wait to go back!

No comments:

Post a Comment