Saturday, February 15, 2014

Valentine's Day

I'll admit I am not a lover of Valentine's Day.  I think flowers are useless and I have no interest in some dumb little thing from CVS (if you haven't watched the SNL video, hop to it).  I do however, love any excuse to cook up a storm!


I gifted some tasty red velvet Chex mix.  This recipe covers Chex cereal in melted chocolate, then rolls it around in red velvet cake mix.  It's festive, and delicious!


I gave it a little extra chocolate drizzle and red sprinkles to give it a little extra pizzazz.


But wait there's more!

Our Valentine's Day celebration occurred outside normal dining hours due to work schedules so I put together a little late-night snack fest.


For the savory portion, creamy lobster crock pot dip.  This recipe came from my latest cookbook love affair Slow Cooker Revolution Volume 2, by America's Test Kitchen.

For the sweet ending, red velvet cake batter dip.  This was really good and I apologize I took such terrible photos of it.  There was just no way I could figure out how to make this dip look good.  But trust me is is really simple and really does taste like cake batter which is fantastic.


And finally I shall brag shamelessly that I got homemade samoas for Valentine's Day!!!! Holy crap you guys have no idea how freaking good they are and I feel so sorry for you.  I am a very lucky gal.


Hope you all had a lovely Valentine's Day filled with hating on everyone's "look at these flowers I got" Facebook statuses.

No comments:

Post a Comment