Sunday, July 6, 2014

Ramen Burger


I don't live in Brooklyn and I have no interest in making the journey out there.  So my odds of ever getting a chance to try the famed Ramen Burger from Keizo Shimoto were slim to none. As luck would have it there are already dozens of copy-cat Ramen burger recipes out there.


You will need a ramekin or other small round container to make the buns in.  I used a can of olives to press the Ramen down and keep it compact while in the fridge.


Ramen Burger

Ingredients
1 Ramen noodle package
1 egg
1 burger patty

1. Cook noodles according to package directions, about 3 minutes.  Drain and mix with egg.  Sprinkle about half the seasoning packet into noodle and egg mixture.
2. Line 2 ramekins with plastic wrap.  Divide noodle mixture evenly among ramekins.  Wrap with plastic wrap liner, and top with a can to press down while refrigerating. Refrigerate 15-20 minutes.
3. Sprinkle both sides of your burger with remaining Ramen seasoning.  Cook burger patty as you see fit. Brown both sides of Ramen buns in a greased pan, about 3 minutes per side.
4.  Serve up with some siracha sauce and enjoy!


I had some soy glazed green beans as my side here.  Got to keep it healthy, ya know?


Overall I would say this burger is definitely worth a try.  I would make 2 buns out of the Ramen noodles next time in attempt to make it easier to eat and in hopes that it would make me feel less disgusted with myself. 


No comments:

Post a Comment