It is not often I take on a recipe like this. From scratch, more than 10 ingredients, definitely not a KTC recipe.
I promise you there is nothing difficult about this recipe and it truly is delicious with all the flavors of Christmas mixed in there.
Gingerbread Bundt Cake
Adapted From Smitten Kitchen
1 cup stout beer, I used Left Hand Nitro Stout
1 cup molasses
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
2 tbsp ground ginger
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1 cup brown sugar, packed
1 cup sugar
3/4 cup vegetable oil
powdered sugar for dusting
1. Preheat oven to 350. Generously butter and flour a bundt pan, knock out the excess flour.
2. Bring stout and molasses to a boil in a saucepan. Remove from heat and stir in baking soda. Cool to room temperature.
3. Mix flour, baking powder, and spices in a large mixing bowl. In a separate bowl mix oil and sugars. Then whisk in oil and molasses mixture. Combine wet and dry ingredients.
4. Pour batter into prepared pan, bang on the counter a few times to release air bubbles. Bake 50 minutes, until toothpick comes out with just a few crumbs. Cool cake 5 minutes before removing from pan.
5. Dust cooled cake with powdered sugar. Enjoy!
This cake goes perfectly with a cup of tea. You can also eat it for breakfast like I have been doing for the passed few days!
I wish you all a happy new year! I'll be back here in 2015.