Monday, May 18, 2015

Vegetable Lasagna Roll Ups

I feel like lasagna roll-ups are a total Pinterest phenomenon. It's definitely one of those recipes I have been skeptical of.  What kind of ridiculous/impossible project was this going to be? I wondered.


It really was not the challenge I was expecting, but I was only making this for 2 people.  I can imagine doing this for an entire dinner party would quickly become tedious.


Vegetable Lasagna Roll-Ups

Ingredients
8 oz ricotta
1/4 cup vegetable cream cheese
1 cup chopped spinach
salt and pepper to taste
1 egg
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
1/2 pound lasagna noodles
tomato sauce of your choice

1. Cook noodles according to package directions.
2. Mix together filling: ricotta, cream cheese, spinach, egg, parmesan and mozzarella cheese, and salt and pepper.
3. Preheat oven to 350. Spread some sauce onto the bottom of a 13x9 casserole dish.
3. Lay out 2-3 noodles at a time on a cutting board. Spoon a thin layer of filling onto each noodle and roll up!
4. Place rolls in prepared casserole dish.  Top with more sauce.
5. Bake for 20-30 minutes.


Delicious and not nearly as time consuming as you might expect.  Also, on the plus side, much easier to serve and cooks quicker than regular lasagna.


Yum!  Now I have a half box of lasagna noodles that are just asking to be rolled up.  What should I fill those with?!

No comments:

Post a Comment