Sunday, May 15, 2016

Slow Cooker Low Country Boil

I have always dreamed of a shrimp boil where everyone is eating with their bare hands off a newspaper lined table.  I was gifted a extra large Old Bay container for my birthday and so with a little editing, I made this dream a reality.  See kids, dreams really do come true!


Low Country Boil

Ingredients
2 ears of corn, halved
1 lb small red potatoes*
2 stalks celery, cut into thirds
1/4-1/2 cup Old Bay seasoning (YES!!)
1 lemon, sliced
1 lb shrimp, with shells

1. Place potatoes, corn, Old Bay, and lemon slices in a slow cooker.  Fill with water until vegetables are mostly covered. Cook on low for 7 hours.
2. Add shrimp and cook an additional 20-30 minutes until they are cooked through.
3. Remove from slow cooker with a slotted spoon to a large bowl, or if you are bold enough, on to a newspaper lined table.

*I did not halve my potatoes because they were very small, but I regretted this because they did not soak up the delicious Old Bay flavors.  I hesitate to tell you to cut them because I didn't do it this way, but think about it.



Loved it! 

This is such a fun and easy dinner to make this summer.  You can easily make this for a crowd.  

No comments:

Post a Comment