Sunday, June 26, 2016

No Mayo Broccoli Salad

It's a summer bbq side dish that doesn't have mayonnaise in it!  If this delights you as much as it delighted me, keep reading.

Hi, my name is KTC and I refuse to eat mayo in any shape or form.  Here is a broccoli salad that is actually good for you- no mayo, no bacon- and it's delicious!


That's me blending the dressing up.  Feel free to use a blender or a food processor, I find the immersion blender easiest to clean. 


Mix and match the vegetables/nuts/dried fruit you'd like to include.  I got a cole slaw mix, almonds, and craisins to go along with the broccoli and scallions.


Broccoli Salad
Adapted from Pinch of Yum

Ingredients
1 head of broccoli, cut into bite sized pieces
3 scallions, sliced
1 cup cabbage
1/2 cup almonds, sliced
1/2 cup craisins
2/3 cup orange juice
2 tbsp miso paste* (no miso? just double up on the nut butter and add some salt)
2 tbsp nut butter of your choice (I used peanut)
1 shallot, chopped
2 tbsp canola oil

1. Get all your salad ingredients in a large bowl.
2. Put orange juice, miso paste, nut butter, shallot, and canola oil in blending mechanism of your choice.  I used the immersion blender because it is the simplest to clean in this non-dishwasher household.
3. Pour that luscious salad dressing over your anxiously awaiting ingredients and toss. 


I cannot wait to make this again for a larger audience!  It will be the perfect addition to your next event this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment