Sunday, November 13, 2011

Broccoli Cheddar Bites


I know you are really tired of my weeknight meals where I cook pasta and throw a whole bunch of stuff in it. You don't have to say it.  I know it and I'm pretty tired of it too. But those are weeknight and weeknights are just sooooo lazy sometimes.

Moving right along to a NOT so lazy weeknight meal!  Broccoli bites.... with corn! and cheddar! all mushed together into one delicious patty.  I used this recipe here and added some corn to the mix and an additional egg because things were just not coming together nicely.


Yep, I mixed all that icky egg business with my hands.


Then formed them into patties.


I served these with some white rice that I cooked with Italian seasonings.  
When the rice was done cooking  I stirred in arugula and Parmesan cheese.

Let's just all imagine these being cooked in a deep fryer (instead of the oven) for a moment....... mmmmmm. But I will say that gluttony won't be necessary.  These are tasty right outta the oven.

1 comment:

  1. I love that you added corn to the recipe! I will try that next time!

    Stacey Snacks

    ReplyDelete