Monday, December 26, 2011

Chocolate Truffles

My sister and I have started a tradition of giving all of our aunts an edible Christmas gift.  Last year we put together little tins with chocolate bark, shortbread cookies, candied almonds, and lemon curd.

This year we used Martha Stewart's recipe for chocolate truffles and tripled the recipe.


Here are the little balls getting rolled.


Here are the ridiculously dirty hands that result from rolling the truffles.


For the peanut truffles we also added a bit of peanut butter into the chocolate and cream mix.


We rolled them in 4 different toppings: coconut, peanut, cocoa, and sprinkles.

Some seriously lucky relatives got to eat these and I am quite jealous of them because these babies were crazy good.  If you have about 8 free hours, go ahead and make these (I'm not going to pretend these didn't take me all day).

No comments:

Post a Comment