Monday, April 23, 2012

Birthday Treat Bonanza

I didn't bake or cook anything this year for my birthday.  Just take a moment there to let that statement settle in. Apparently I have some kick-ass friends and family who decided to shower me with unbelievably delicious treats.  Let's see what they were!


Behold the glorious popcorn cake! Popcorn held together with marshmallows and butter and peanuts and m & ms mixed in.  Insanity!


Next up we have a homemade version of the girl scout classic tagalong.  This whole tin disappeared in mere moments.


Words cannot express how wonderful this chocolate sour cream cake with cream cheese frosting was. Seriously...just...so damn good.


Birthday dinner was a recipe from Jamie Oliver.  Penne with tomatoes, eggplant, and mozzarella.  Don't be alarmed by how wordy the recipe looks; Jamie just likes to be cute when he writes his recipes.


Sweet and salty never tasted so good; chocolate bark with pretzels and peanut butter morsels.


And of course it's not my birthday without a strawberry shortcake. Voila!


And that's me enjoying my popcorn cake entirely too much.

Friends, you guys are just too darn good to me. Thanks again!

No comments:

Post a Comment