Friday, April 6, 2012

Funfetti Cake Balls

I would like to just come out and say that this was not an official Funfetti cake.  It was a DIY funfetti cake.  I bought some sprinkles and added them to the white cake batter.  Now I don't have to pay Pillsbury any royalties.

For those of you new to the cake ball/pop scene, a cake ball is made by baking a cake, mixing it with some icing, rolling that mixture into balls, and covering it in chocolate.


Here are some naked and fully dressed cake balls:


 I must say these sprinkles really topped these balls off nicely.


I'm going to end this post with a disclaimer: these things are a serious pain to make.  This process, although consisting of few steps, takes hours to complete.  Even after the refrigeration of the naked cake balls, they are still too fragile to be fully dunked into the chocolate and instead need to be "painted" with the chocolate.  I'm not sure how Bakerella  makes her's look so flawless, but I'm not making these guys again until I figure out the secret.

No comments:

Post a Comment