Monday, April 2, 2012

200th Post!!!

Doesn't it seem like only yesterday I did my 100th posting? Ah the memories....

Now 100 posts later I present to you salted chocolate caramel filled cookies!

The recipe is from Crepes of Wrath and guess what? I actually followed all the directions.

First you make this amazing smelling chocolate and butter concoction.



Then you mix in the dry ingredients to make the dough and open up a shit ton of caramels.


Pop a caramel into each dough ball.


Sprinkle a little salt on top, I didn't have any fleur de sel so I used sea salt.  It sort of melts into the cookie and doesn't give the wow factor that fleur de sel would, but the flavor is still there.


I apologize I did not take an innards shot of these babies fresh out of the oven with their gooey melty caramel centers.  Let your imagination run wild if you will.


I was a little disappointed in the fact that the caramel hardened quite seriously when the cookies cooled, but otherwise these were a seriously tasty treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment