Monday, April 7, 2014

Cinnamon Streusel Chocolate Chip Muffins

I apologize for my lack of posting lately.  I can list off some excuses, but then again I can also say I really don't have a valid excuse.  I wanted post number 400 to be some-what of a show-stopper, but I clearly wasn't putting forth any effort since it's been over a week since my last post.



Ok, now that I got all that off my chest... on to some muffins!  These babies are an original creation and they came out pretty darn wonderfully so I really shouldn't be too down about them being my 400th post.


Cinnamon Streusel Chocolate Chip Muffins

Ingredients
2 cups Bisquick
2 tbsp sugar
1 egg
1 cup milk
1 tbsp cinnamon
1 cup chocolate chips
For topping:
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
2 tbsp butter
2 tbsp flour

1. Preheat oven to 400 and line a 12 cup muffin tin.
2. Mix Bisquick, sugar, egg, cinnamon, and milk until combined.  Stir in chocolate chips. Pour batter into prepared muffin pan, cups will be about 2/3 of the way filled.
3. In a small bowl mix together sugar, butter, cinnamon and flour until mixture is crumble. Top each muffin with mixture.
4. Cook for 20 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.


Brown sugar might also be nice for the streusel topping; feel free to give it a whirl.


And there ya have it folks, post number 4-0-0.  Super easy delicious muffins to brighten any morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment