Sunday, May 11, 2014

Mother's Day Dinner

For our mother's day dinner I wanted to have some spring influences present.  I made a creamy leek spaghetti and a slow cooker lemon chicken.

Both of these dishes are pretty low maintenance, especially the pasta because it all gets cooked in one pot with no draining!


The creamy leek pasta recipe can be found here at Food and Wine magazine.  I left out the anchovy and only used scallions instead of scallions and chives.  Did this recipe really need 4 different kinds of onions?  I didn't think so.

I absolutely loved this dish and highly recommend you try it.


The slow cooker lemon chicken recipe can be found here, although I barely followed the directions.  If you read the comment section neither did anyone else.

I didn't love this recipe and if I made it again I would take the time to reduce the liquid to make a sauce.  Despite the fact that the chicken was cooked in plenty of liquid I found it to be dry still.

For dessert I'll give props to my sister for this incredibly beautiful carrot cake.



Happy mother's day to all the mothers out there.  I hope your loved ones served up something tasty for you today.

No comments:

Post a Comment