Thursday, May 22, 2014

Chicken Banh Mi Sandwiches

I'll let you all know before I get in over my head here that I have never actually had a banh mi sandwich.  I have spent plenty of time admiring them on in the internet, but I have never even been to a place that would serve a banh mi.  So when I tell you this is the most delicious banh mi ever, you have to background as to my expertise on the subject.


Chicken Banh Mi Sandwiches
From Cook's Country Magazine

Ingredients
2 carrots, peeled and shredded
1/2 cucumber, peeled, halved, sliced thin
1 tsp lime zest, 5 tbsp lime juice (3 limes)
1/4 fish sauce
3 tbsp brown sugar
3 cups shredded cooked chicken
4 sub rolls
1/2 cup cilantro, I left this out
1/2 cup mayo, I left this out
5 teaspoons sriracha sauce

1. Combine cucumber, carrots, 2 tbsp lime juice, 1 tbsp fish sauce in a bowl and let sit for 15 minutes.  Combine sugar, 3 tbsp lime juice, 3 tbsp fish sauce in a large bowl.  Stir until sugar is dissolved.  Add chicken and toss to coat.
2. To make the sriracha mayo: whisk mayo, sriracha, and lime zest in a bowl.  Spread on rolls.
3. Divide chicken mixture among rolls and top with pickled vegetables and cilantro.


If you use rotisserie chicken this recipe comes together ridiculously quickly.  

These sandwiches are really delicious, just as delicious as that photograph looks.

Best banh mi I've ever had.

No comments:

Post a Comment