Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Dr. Pepper Cake

This is pretty much the easiest cake you could ever make.


You take some Dr. Pepper.

You get some cake mix.

Put it all together in the oven.

Cake comes out.


I will be the first to admit that this tasted nothing like Dr. Pepper.  It was a delicious and moist chocolate cake for sure.  It was nice to know you don't need eggs, oil, and water to make a cake.  But how does that Dr. Pepper flavor just disappear like that?

I don't know and you know what, I don't even like Dr. Pepper so I was partially grateful it didn't taste like the soda.


I mixed a few tablespoons of Dr. Pepper into the vanilla frosting, but I didn't want it to get too watery.  Somehow the flavor did not come through here either.

The cake was no doubt delicious and it looked super cute in my new cake stand.  


If you're ever in a bind and only have soda and cake mix instead of all the other ingredients, this recipe is for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment