Monday, August 18, 2014

Glazed Pork Chops

I'm on a mission right now to make use of the cookbooks I own as much as possible.  That means staying away from the time-sucking world of Pinterest, which is not always an easy task.

On to the glazed pork chops!  Yet another great recipe from America's Test Kitchen.  I promise they are not handing me any cash or prizes to promote their cookbooks and recipes...not that there's anything wrong with that. *wink*wink America's Test Kitchen...


I did some ingredient substitutions in the glaze, to use what I had available to me at the time.  I also used boneless center cut pork chops, which take less time to cook.


Glazed Pork Chops
Adapted from America's Test Kitchen Cooking School Cookbook

Ingredients
1/2 cup cider vinegar
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup orange juice
2 tbsp Dijon mustard
1 tbsp soy sauce
salt and pepper
1 tbsp vegetable oil
5 center cut pork chops

1. Combine vinegar, sugar, orange juice, mustard, and soy sauce in a bowl, mix thoroughly.
2. Season pork chops with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat until smoking.  Brown pork chops on one side, flip chops and cook 1 minute more. Transfer chops to a plate and pour off any extra oil in the skillet. Return chops to skillet, browned side up, add glaze mixture. Cook until chops reach 145 degrees in the center.
3. Remove chops from skillet and move to a plate, tent with foil.  Cook glaze on high heat, whisking frequently, until glaze thickens, 2-6 minutes. Coat chops with glaze on both sides, plate and pour remaining sauce on top.


I served some roasted brussel's sprouts and cous cous alongside the glazed pork chops.  This meal, along with the chilly summer weather, has me ready for fall flavors in the middle of August.  Bring on the sage and pumpkin!

No comments:

Post a Comment