Sunday, August 31, 2014

Roasted Heirloom Tomato Salsa

I was given a large bag of heirloom tomatoes from a camper's garden.  After multiple tomato salads, I wanted to do something different.  I also needed a way to eat a whole bunch of tomatoes at once, they weren't looking too good.

And so this salsa was born!


I kept the cherry tomatoes whole and cut the larger tomatoes into chunks to prepare them for roasting.  I also added an small onion.  The vegetables were seasoned with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and olive oil.


Above you can see the tray after the trip in the oven.  I put everything in the food processor along with some chipotle peppers and fresh cilantro.


Best. Salsa. Ever.

Seriously, I'm not a huge salsa fan, but this was really delicious.  Roasting the tomatoes before was definitely worth the effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment