Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Beef and Snap Pea Stir Fry

I hope you haven't minded terribly that the blog has slowed down a bit recently. My wedding is coming up in a few short weeks and free time seems to be few and far between. 

Anyway, here is a kickass recipe for beef and snap pea stir fry.  I know what you're thinking looking at this picture, "what the heck is fish sauce and why would I ever need it?"  Well, surprise! I have almost run out of fish sauce, who'd a thought I'd ever see the day that happened.


I purchased some stir fry beef at the supermarket for this dinner.  The beef is already thinly sliced, but you can buy some flank steak and thinly slice it at home as well.


Beef and Snap Pea Stir Fry
Adapted from How to Cook Everything

Ingredients
1lb thinly sliced steak
salt and pepper
2 tbsp sesame oil
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp fish sauce
1 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp red pepper
1 tsp minced garlic
8 oz sugar snap peas, fresh or frozen
cooked rice, for serving

1. Marinate the beef in salt, pepper, 1 tbsp oil, soy and fish sauce for 30 minutes.
2. Heat remaining tbsp of oil in a large skillet on high heat.  Add ginger, garlic, and red pepper, cook until fragrant.  Add beef, stirring every 20 seconds. Finally, add the snap peas and cook until beef is cooked through.  This is all come together quickly since the beef is thinly sliced.
3. Serve over rice.


I absolutely loved this recipe.  The cook time at the stove is minimal, making it a great weeknight meal. I look forward to making it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment