Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Slow Cooker Balsamic Pork

I have finally taken my slow cooker out of hiding.  I hadn't used it since I moved into my new house.  This balsamic pork recipe is ridiculously easy and delicious.


Slow Cooker Balsamic Pork
Adapted from Skinny Taste

1 pork tenderloin
salt and pepper
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp red pepper flakes
2/3 cup beef broth
1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
1 tbsp honey
1 tsp liquid smoke

1. Place tenderloin in the slow cooker.  Sprinkle salt, pepper, garlic powder, and red pepper flakes on all sides of the pork.  Mix remaining ingredients in a small bowl or measuring cup, pour over pork.
2. Cook 4-5 hours on low.  After 3-4 hours pork should break down easily.  Break pork into large chunks with tongs so more surface area cooks in the sauce.  When ready to serve, shred pork into smaller pieces and place on serving plate.  Drizzle remaining sauce on top of pork.


I am super excited that I now have Pyrex measuring cups AND serving platters!


I served this pork with an Italian potato salad.  I bet it would also go great on top of some Texas toast.

Where did I put those leftovers.....



No comments:

Post a Comment