Sunday, January 11, 2015

Pesto Raviolini Soup with Zucchini and Mushrooms

Ok, so I may have made up the term raviolini.  But I didn't want you to think giant ravioli were being cooked in a broth and eating by the spoonful.

I have purchased the baby ravioli at Trader Joe's.  I am not sure if they are sold anywhere else in the world.


Pesto Raviolini Soup

Ingredients
8 cups vegetable broth
2 cups mini ravioli
1 cup sliced zucchini, I used frozen
1 cup diced mushrooms
2 tbsp pesto
salt and pepper to taste
Parmesan cheese

1. Bring broth to a boil.  Add mini ravioli and mushrooms, cook 15 minutes.  Add zucchini and cook 5 minutes more. Season with salt and pepper.
2. Remove from heat, stir in pesto. Serve with plenty of Parmesan cheese on top.


It doesn't really get much easier than this guys.

Stay warm. It's frickin' freezing out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment