Sunday, February 1, 2015

Buffalo Cauliflower Bites

I just wanted to get in a Super Bowl snack before kickoff tonight.  This recipe takes cauliflower and transforms it into a game day snack.


Buffalo Cauliflower Bites
Adapted from The Lean Clean Eating Machine

Ingredients
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup water*
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp salt
1 package frozen cauliflower florets, defrosted and patted dry
1 tbsp butter
1/2 cup hot sauce
blue cheese dressing for serving

1. Preheat oven to 450. Grease a large sheet pan.
2. Mix flour, water, garlic, and salt in a bowl. Dip cauliflower into batter and place on prepared pan.
3. Cook 10 minutes then flip florets and cook 5 minutes more. Cauliflower should be browned.
4. Melt butter in a bowl or measuring cup.  Mix in hot sauce.  Dip cauliflower into sauce and return to the pan.  Cook for 10 minutes more.
5.  Serve with blue cheese dressing.


*Note: When I used this ratio the batter was very thick, I added a little more water until it reached my desired consistency. You might end up adding 1/4 more water.


I have made these twice already!  They just might be my new favorite appetizer.  So totally healthy too!

No comments:

Post a Comment