Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Vegetable Baked Ziti

I know, again with the zucchini!  But let me tell you I had 2 zucchini that were so massive they made multiple dishes.  I still have 1/3 of a zucchini in the fridge that I haven't decided what I'm doing with yet.  Any suggestions?


Remember when I said I couldn't stop buying corn?  Yep, here it is again.


Vegetable Baked Ziti

Ingredients
1 lb pasta, ziti perhaps?
1 cup ricotta
2 cups mozzarella cheese, grated
1 cup grated parmesan cheese
4 cups tomato sauce 
2 ears of corn, for the kernals
2 cups zucchini
2 cups kale
2 tbsp oil
salt and pepper

1. Bring a pot of water to boil, cook pasta according to package directions.
2. Preheat oven to 350. Heat oil in a large saute pan, add vegetables and cook until vegetables are tender.
3. Mix ricotta, 1 cup of mozzarella, parmesan cheese, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add in pasta, vegetables, and tomato sauce. Dump it all into a 13x9 in pan.  Top with remaining mozzarella cheese.  Bake for 20 minutes until cheese is melted.


If you put enough vegetables in your cheese-carb pan, you can feel a little better about yourself.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment