Sunday, June 19, 2011

Weekend Cooking

I had a crazy weekend, but I snuck in a couple of home cooked meals.

First, spaghetti with broccoli and shrimp with bruschetta olive oil and parmesan cheese.  It didn't occur to me to take a picture until after my first bowl so sadly there are no prep photos.  I sauteed the shrimp and broccoli in bruschetta flavored olive oil, minced garlic, and red pepper.  I used a bit of the pasta water so the spaghetti wouldn't stick together.  It was quick and easy, just what I needed on a Friday night.


For breakfast on Sunday I made another baked oatmeal casserole.  This time I used a nectarine, blueberries and pecans.  I was quite pleased with it. This is definitely a recipe I will be using again and again.



That's all I have from my kitchen this weekend, but I went on an amazing food tour in the lower east side so keep your eye out for an exciting mid-week post about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment