Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Applesauce

I did some cooking with my kiddies last week. Who wants to see how cute my new crop of panda bears are??!!

Good I knew you would all want to.

I pealed and sectioned the apples and then let the kids chop them into smaller pieces.


Here's my pal Charlie he was quite excited about this project and was the only kid who actually ate seconds.  He has asked me everyday since, "when we are going to make applesauce again?"


Check out my sassy little friend Aimee in the background here.  She was refusing to go wash her hands.


Emylia looks like she is really struggling here.


I used a slowcooker to cook the applesauce and to make my classroom smell delicious.  I used about 6 apples, 1/2 cup of sugar, cinnamon, and a cup of water.


The finished product after being cooked for 3 hours and mashed with a potato masher.

I am totally ready to make this again with.... latkes? porkchops? hmmmm....

No comments:

Post a Comment