Thursday, October 27, 2011

Cheesy Rice Casserole

This night I got it into my head that I wanted to make a cheesy rice casserole.  I had never made one, never eaten one.  But for whatever reason that was what I was going to make for dinner.  Most recipes involve cream of something soup (which I did not have handy), most are meat based, and many are too time consuming. Soooo I was flying solo on this one.



I mixed white rice with corn, broccoli, onion, and tomatoes.  I added milk and vegetable broth to keep it moist while the cheese got melty in the oven.



I used fontina and cheddar alllll over the top and I mixed some in the casserole itself because you can never have too much cheese.


Annnnd we ate the entire thing. Yep. All of it. Despite how badly I wanted to take it for lunch the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment