Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Baked Mac and Cheese

I don't know about you guys, but I love fried onions.  These little guys that come in a can, you know what I'm talking about? They are delicious.  I put them on top of my burgers, heck I eat 'em by the handful (when no one is looking of course).   Recently a light bulb went off in my head (or maybe over it, cartoon style).  I thought why not top some baked mac and cheese with fried onions! "YES!" "GENIUS!"  I proclaimed.

IMG_6765

And so it was.  I used American and cheddar cheeses, dropped in some hot sauce and mustard to jazz it up a bit, and milk and butter as per usual.  I health-ified it with a box of frozen spinach.

IMG_6766

This may have been one of the best things I have made in a while. Mmmmmm looking forward to eating it again for lunch tomorrow.

IMG_6767

P.S. For those of you who were concerned, the puzzle piece cookie cutter arrived today!  It came all the way from England.

No comments:

Post a Comment