Sunday, December 2, 2012

Sugar Cookies

I had grand ideas when it came to what to bake for my aunt's 60th birthday bash this weekend.  She is a puzzle maniac like me so I hopped on over to Amazon during my black Friday binge and ordered a puzzle cookie cutter.  This I was super psyched about.  I don't really have any neat cookie cutters thus I don't ever make roll-out cookies, so I was excited to change things up.  Sadly said awesome puzzle cookie cutter did not arrive in time.

I decided I have the piping skills to pipe puzzle pieces onto cookies since I did make that awesome puzzle cake.  I used a sugar cookie recipe from my cookbook bible.

IMG_6760

Then I made some icing with confectioner's sugar, butter, half-and-half, and vanilla.

IMG_6761

I had fun decorating these, but I feel they came out looking like a kid made them.  Regardless of their less than impressive appearances, these cookies were a big hit.

IMG_6764

Now what kind of cookies will I make once that puzzle cookie cutter finally arrives.....

No comments:

Post a Comment