Monday, July 8, 2013

Chocolate Truffle Pie

I made this pie for the 4th of July which I was really excited to type out because it rhymes.  The recipe can be found here at the always helpful and always delicious Cookies and Cups blog.

It's a super simple batter that doesn't require any separate bowls, not like I would have followed a direction like that anyway.  FYI she wanted me to sift the cocoa powder, but I couldn't be bothered and surprise! no one knew!

IMG_8275

Plop it all into a store bought pie crust.

IMG_8278

Then bake it up.

IMG_8280

I over cooked my pie a bit, that convection oven cooks things faster than I imagined, so my pie was a little drier than it should have been.

IMG_8282

Top a slice with some whipped cream, strawberries, and blueberries and there ya go!  Instant patriotic dessert.  Hope you all had a tasty 4th!

No comments:

Post a Comment