Thursday, January 16, 2014

Asian Style Spaghetti and Meatballs

This is my second installment of a chicken recipe out of Better Homes and Gardens magazine from the January issue.  There's one more up next too!


The recipe for Asian spaghetti and chicken meatballs can be found here at the BHG website.  I made some minor ingredient adjustments based on my personal tastes (no peppers) and what I had no hand (sadly, no sesame oil).


I found this recipe to be a nice change of pace from my usual pasta meals and I did enjoy the chicken meatballs, but I thought it needed a little kick in the pants in terms of it's flavors.  I wanted more garlic, more ginger, more everything coming through, most specifically in the meatballs.  If I were to make this again I'd up the ante on ginger, garlic, and soy sauce as I thought the meatballs were a bit bland.


But all in all it was really quite tasty and left the 2 of us with some serious leftovers to cover in siracha for the rest of the week.

If you're looking for a different take on spaghetti and meatballs, or a snazzy weeknight meal, check this recipe out.


No comments:

Post a Comment