Don't be intimidated by the lengthy list of ingredients. This is originally a Rachel Ray 30 minute meal recipe. I made some tweeks to the ingredient list based on what I had on hand. Although I can't say I was able to put this together in a mere 30 minutes, it was very simple and took less than an hour to prepare.
Adapted from Rachel Ray
2 cups white rice
1 tbsp olive oil
1 lb boneless, skinless chicken
3/4 lb sausage
1 medium onion, chopped
3 ribs of celery
1 chipotle pepper diced, or a few dashes of hot sauce
2 tbps flour
14oz diced tomatoes
1 cup chicken broth
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp Cajun seasoning
1/2 lb shrimp
chopped cilantro, for garnish
1. Cook rice according to package directions.
2. In a large pan coated with oil brown chicken and sausage, 5-10 minutes. Add onion, celery, chipotle pepper.
3. Saute for 5 minutes, sprinkle flour and cook for 1-2 minutes more. Stir in tomatoes, broth, chili powder, Worcestershire sauce, and Cajun seasoning.
4. Bring liquid to a boil and add shrimp. Cook until shrimp is no longer pink, about 5 minutes.
5. Scoop jambalaya into bowls, top with rice and cilantro.
It's all made in one large skillet, with exception of the rice of course.
There ya have it kids. Delicious one pan jambalaya an excellent, stick-to-your-ribs kinda meal that's just perfect to warm up these cold winter nights.