Sunday, March 27, 2016

Cadbury Creme Egg Brownies

I'll be completely honest with you, I am not in love with Cadbury creme eggs.  I am much more of a Cadbury mini-egg addict. But, since it's that time of year and this guy I live with seems to love those sugar bombs I decided to make a cream egg dessert.


Cadbury Creme Egg Brownies
Adapted from Love and Olive Oil

Ingredients
1 box brownie mix and ingredients to make them

1/4 cup light corn syrup
2 tbsp butter, softened
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/8 tsp salt
1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
yellow food coloring

3 oz semi-sweet chocolate
2 tbsp butter

1. Bake brownies according to box directions. Let cool completely.
2. With a stand mixer combine corn syrup, butter, salt, and vanilla.  Slowly mix in powdered sugar. Spread on to cooled brownies.  *This was a challenge for me as the cream was very sticky, I found using my fingers worked best.  Then I used a toothpick to streak the cream yellow. Let set in the fridge for an hour or so.


3. Melt butter and chocolate over a double boiler.  Spread on to brownies.  Allow to set up in the fridge before cutting.


These babies are a serious Easter treat! 

I hope the bunny brought you all something tasty this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment